Sunday, January 30, 2011

Make up Tutorial

http://www.worth1000.com/tutorials/161629/make-up

Original 
Step 1: For this tutorial I first selected an image and opened in photoshop.  I chose this image because I wanted an older person with more wrinkles as more of a challenge.  It was difficult to make some adjustments because of how small the image was if I had to do this again I would of chose a larger image.


Step 2
Step 2: For this step I followed the instructions to press the Q key, then select Brush tool, usually round, with 0% hardness and desired diameter, depending on the picture. Then start ot draw the face, except the eyes, the nostrils, ears, and mouth.  This step was fairly easy and already made a drastic change to the original image.
Steps 3-6
Steps 3-6: The next steps were easy once I figured out the technical parts of layering and using the brush tool.  I just kept adding new layers for each make-up application and setting it to soft light.  For the eyes I  applied eyeliner with a small black brush.  For the eyeshadow I added an additional layer and used a darker color because anything light wouldn't show up.  This step was very similar to applying real make-up and I had to erase a few times.  For the lips I wanted a subtle change and just added another layer with soft light and decreased the opacity to make it look more realistic.  I used to different shades of pink and colored in the lips.  I then went to menu-filter-blur-gaussian tool.  I did this after each layer for a final touch.   
Steps 7-8
Step 7-8: For the next final steps I whitened the "T" zones and applied make-up to the cheekbones.  To do this I added another layer and started with the whitening of the "T" zones first.  I softened the layer and decreased the opacity first then selected a hard brush.  After I had the right size brush I chose a bright white and colored in the forehead, nose, under the lip, chin and cheeks.  Then I went to filter-blur-gaussian tool and increased the pixels to soften the white.  The next step is similar to whitening but instead its to highlight the cheekbones.  To do this I added a new layer and selected a hard brush.  After selecting the brush I chose a deep black and highlighted the cheekbones.  Then I went to filter-blur-gaussian tool and decreased the opacity.  This gave a bronze look to the cheekbones.

Step 9: This was the final step.  I went to menu-image-adjustments-color balance and increased the cyan blue to +18 and decreased the red to -15.  This was the final touch.  

Before
After


 As far as difficulties I ran into I found it hard to make some adjustments because of how small the image was if I had to do this again I would of chose a larger image.



No comments:

Post a Comment